Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Luf You

So the other day I'm standing in the kitchen and Skylar comes over and puts her arms around my legs and squeezes me and says "I love you Mommy". Melts my heart. Then Ethan who does everything his big sister does comes over and puts his little arms around my leg, rest his head on my knee cap and looks up at me and says "luf you" OMG! Is it possible to love these little people anymore than I already do? It's moments like that in life where you just want time to stop and you want to keep the picture and the feeling in your heart forever.

It's been a busy time with pumpkin patches and pumpkin carving and all the Halloween festivities. We went to a pumpkin patch and there were scarecrows all over the place. All the scarecrows that were sitting on the ground, Ethan pile-drived. He jumped on every one of them-too stinking funny.

Skylar has been asking me to go to school F-O-R-E-V-E-R and so one week from today she will be starting preschool. Last night she is sitting on our bed and promptly announces that she doesn't want to go to school anymore. What? We have been building up to this moment for the past year and now she doesn't want to go anymore. I'm guessing she was just tired and cranky and blurted it out without meaning a word of it. Arghhh!

Grandma and Grandpa will be arriving for a visit this week, Skylar is about bursting out of her tiny little body. It's going to be a fun time.

Ethan is talking up a storm these days, it's so fun to hear all the fun things he says. Whenever he sees Elmo he is especially enthusiastic and blurts out "ELMO" he also loves trucks and cars and when he heard the fire engine sirens the other days he said "fire truck!" He's at such a great age where every second he is doing something new.

Skylar is still the same beautiful little spirit she always is. Lately she seems a little quieter. I can't help but wonder what is going on in her little head. I wish I knew what they did while I was gone all day, I wish I knew if she was truly happy every day at daycare. I wish I knew everything. For the sake of the hub-I DO know everything BTW.

There is so much beauty to my life, I try to appreciate all of it, the hub, the tiny little people who wrap their little arms around my legs and say "luf you Mommy". If I have nothing else in life I have my family and really I think that's enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear mama2two,

Sorry to "burst in" on you like this... I read your post about your son's breath holding spells and losing consciousness at the Denver post forum. I am a mother of a little boy, who is now 16 months, so about the same age as Ethan, who had a severe BHS apisode just 6 days later, August 12th, although he'se been having attacks since he was 3 months old. He also lost consciusness and developed an epilepsy-like seizure, but since then, we have had an EEG exam and been reassured he does not have epilepsy. Sometimes he has one attack a week, but at other times even 5 a day. It's really starting to get to us, although he is on medications and under regular supervision by our child-neurologist, we're finding it really difficult to deal with. My husband and I decided to look for any help we can get outside medication, this is how we found your story.
From reading your blog, it's clear that both your children are complete darlings, and this is what we experience with ours, David. Noone can imagine what could possibly be wrong with him, he is as sweet as can be, only if too tired, hungry, or banging his head by accident, we can be sure he will have an attack, after which he is irritable and sleepy and it's best we put him to bed before he gets another attack.
After reading your letter in the forum, we were wondering, how you're coping. Did your doctor prescribe any medication? Has anything other than medication helped in any way? How are you coping with the situation?

Sorry for taking up so much comment space :) and thanks for reading it. We're looking forward to your reply!
stella.vajda@gmail.com

Best regards,
Stella