Thursday, May 1, 2008

Snow?? Seriously??

I took a half day yesterday to leave work at 10:30am, yes I work that early that 10:30am is considered a half day, Hub dropped the kids off here and off we went for a day of fun in the park with Jack and his Mommy. Picnic and play in the sun, what a perfect day. The kids had a lot of fun, laughing and playing. I even managed to get a little farmers tan on the one arm as far as the sleeve. Gotta love the half arm t-shirt tan!! And then I wake up this morning...and this, snow? Seriously? Will this ever end?

Arghh, I know, I know, it's good for the environment blah blah blah. And I mean that in a caring kind of blah blah blah way, honestly I do. It's just that, well it's just that I'm really over the snow and I just want the sun to be here, warm sunny afternoons and evenings on the patio. The kind of afternoons we had on Tuesday, ones where the kids are outside and I quick run inside to get something and I come back out and Skylar is stripped to T-shirt alone sitting in the sandbox with no pants on. Why? I'm not sure, perhaps the sand in the butt directly is better than the sand in the butt via the undies. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it really. It's three year old reasoning, who ever knows the answers to that kind of thing?

At the park yesterday I tell her it's time to go, she holds up her one finger and says "just a minute Mommy". I have to laugh at it. The things she says are hysterical. Like last night for example, Ethan had a rather messy diaper whilst in his highchair, Ethan got the extended arm hold out of there straight to the tub, Skylar gets down from her seat walks over to inspect the carnage and exclaims loudly "Oh my God!". Of course she hears us saying this, we try not to, and of course I tried to tell her that it's not nice to say things like that and she's not allowed to. But really it's incredibly hard to keep a straight face and be stern when the picture of the whole thing is just so funny. Her face, the way she said it, the sheer disgust of it all was just too dang classic.

Ethan is starting to talk a lot more now but still doesn't say Mamma very much. I'm beginning to think he would better know what to call me if I renamed myself to the title of Booby. He might have some association this way. Since the boy is addicted to nursing and I'm starting to wonder if I will ever be able to wean him at all. I've stopped pumping at work, which allows me an extra 15 minutes out of my 30 minute lunch to chew my food, it's been nice. But since he isn't having pumped milk at daycare, he seems to have doubled his need to nurse when I'm around. I love to nurse him, and I love to feel him close to me, the way he looks up at me, it's truly an amazing bonding experience no matter what stage we are at with it. But it's time to move on, but I'm thinking this is going to be a tough one, perhaps for both of us.

No comments: